We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Downhearted
Paige
Posts: 266 Forumite
I am feeling really low at the moment, its really hard trying to keep costs down at this time of year. I started off at £18 k worth of debts at the end of Oct when I had my lightbulb moment, I am now at £17k all at 0 per cent, I have payed the store cards off first but will not be able to pay anything off my debts in December.
I have not put anything else on the cards, I have managed to get all the presents except for a few bits out of my wages. I have also got quite a few food items as well.
eeekkkkk I really feel I need to buy a new handbag to cheer myself up. Please stop me I always resort to buying myself treats when I am low. Thats how I got in such a stupid mess in the first place.
Sorry for ranting !
I have not put anything else on the cards, I have managed to get all the presents except for a few bits out of my wages. I have also got quite a few food items as well.
eeekkkkk I really feel I need to buy a new handbag to cheer myself up. Please stop me I always resort to buying myself treats when I am low. Thats how I got in such a stupid mess in the first place.
Sorry for ranting !
0
Comments
-
You shouldnt be downhearted you've cleared 1k off your debts so far!
and all your xmas gifts not on credit
If you feel the need to do treat yourself I personally spent a fiver now on a bag out of primark rather than 200@prada, You can still treat yourself just do it the DFW way
(((((Hugs))))))Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?0 -
Thankyou, its just this time of year you have to look around the shops for pressies and its so hard to resist. I really need to get my debts down before they spiral completely out of control.0
-
Hi Paige.
Well for it's worth I think you've done amazingly well. One thousand pounds since October? That's absolutely cracking!
This debt busting malarkey is no overnight thing, if it was, well, we wouldn't have this (wonderful) forum. Some of us are taking the 'scenic route' (ahem...me..!) so you'll have good company along the way no matter how long it takes to clear that 18K.
Remember - be positive about what you have done and how you are not adding to debt.
It doesn't matter how small your action is each day to beat the debt, the important thing is you did something.
If you allow yourself some money each month, then go get that handbag! The trick is to be smart about what you spend your money on.
Maybe get one through QuidCo to get cash back? Or just shop around a bit more so you don't spend a silly amount on it.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing very well.Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
0 -
Ooops posted twice! Sorry, pc user being rubbish.Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
0 -
I haven't got one pressie and i haven't paid any thing off so your doing much better than me and i'm not sad it will all work out alright in the end it always does
CHEER UP CHICKEN!!!!!!
Worse things could happen, ooow and sod the hand bag mines a big massive bar of chocolate mmmmmmmmm lolololol0 -
Thank you Arnolds mrs. Now thats a thought I could stretch to a big bar of chocci. I got 3 for 2 in the Cadburys shop on Saturday, was going to use all 3 for stocking fillers but I could eat one. lol0
-
Thats it ! I am going to get the chocolate now, I can hear it calling me from my bedroom cupboard.0
-
Paige wrote:I could stretch to a big bar of chocci. I got 3 for 2 in the Cadburys shop on Saturday, was going to use all 3 for stocking fillers but I could eat one. lol
Heh, just the one?!
Congrats on how far you've come - you're doing great missy! :T
IW xOfficial DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
:T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T
Remember the MoneySaving mantras!
IF YOU'RE SKINT......
Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?0 -
Paige wrote:Thats it ! I am going to get the chocolate now, I can hear it calling me from my bedroom cupboard.
Craig (my OH) just baught in selection box's just pinched one and i've eaten half of it Galaxy just has to be done yummie0 -
Congratulations- you've made 3 massive achievements: (1) paid off £1K (2) paid for pressies out of salary not on cards and most importantly (3) not added to your debt. As long as you're no longer building on your debt you should feel very pleased with yourself. We all have our low moments as let's face it paying off debt is pretty dull really so don't worry- it'll pass!Debt at highest May 2006: £27,472.24
currently: £13,353.25DFW Nerd 178Proud to be dealing with my debts0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards