What is IPA OVE REFUNDS?

Options
Hi all,

Not really the right forum for this but couldn't fit it anywhere else (plus this sub-forum gets a lot of views!). Yesterday I had a credit to my bank account (Hfax) of £103.70. Unsure what that was I waited for the description to show today. Well it now says:

Ipa ove refunds

And that's it! Anyone know what this is? Going to google and within 8 hours this term has shot up the rankings (it's now the #1 auto-term when you start typing IPA).

I rang my bank and all they could tell me further was a sub-description of UPL refund and a 9 digit code (mine was 0903576). No further detail was available.

I'm not expecting any money back and am completely lost to what this is.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks,
B.

Comments

• benroles
    benroles Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Just a one-off gentle bump. No one know what this might be?

Regards,
    Ben.
  • rae46m
    Options
    I have recently had a similar payment and it was from Santander. I had paid off a loan based on a settlement figure they gave me and i think they took an extra monthly payment incorrectly. This money is arefund of the difference between the amount i paid off to clear the loan and what really was due to be paid once they had taken an extra payment.

I would check any loan or other item you have recently paid off.

Hope this helps. It was a bit weird.

Steve
  • pigsmightfly
    Options
    Just wondered if you ever found out what this was at all?

I've just checked my bank this morning and got a refund of £20 and all the description says is IPA OVE REFUNDS ON.

I haven't recently paid off a loan or anything so no idea what this is?

Thanks
  • IPA's are santanders holding accounts which can be used for differing purposes.

OVE means overpayment, so as suggested likely to be a refund of an overpayment you have means on the closure of your loan / mortgage. If received in error i'd advise you to contact Santander.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think Santander must be doing an audit or something because OH had a cheque for £70 a few weeks ago as a refund of charges he had been wrongly charged - presumably if they had had his new Barclays account details he would have had a payment as well.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    IPA's are santanders holding accounts which can be used for differing purposes.

OVE means overpayment, so as suggested likely to be a refund of an overpayment you have means on the closure of your loan / mortgage. If received in error i'd advise you to contact Santander.

You're 15 months late......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport