Primus - cold feet

Options
Hi gang,the story so farin brief.
Decided on the spur of the moment to leave BT after a few years of what I consider to be high bills for light use of home phone ,bill in the region of £60-£75 every quater even though on eve/weekend tariff.
After seeing artical for Primus on this site I filled in application and I have been informed by BT that the transfer of my account to Primus will go through on the 5th of April.
I have since then read all the horror storys about Primus and tonight (31 May) emaild them to say I wish to Cancel my transfer to them.
Couple of questions ,is it enough just to email Primus to cancel ?
and can anyone recomend another provider apart from BT and Primus .
Thanks for reading

Comments

• antonio1
    antonio1 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 April 2011 at 3:41PM
    Options
    I almost moved to them too but didn't proceed for similar reasons. I don't know for sure to accurately advise but this may help: check exactly what the terms and conditions say about cancellation. As I recall when I looked at it you're contracted for one year and can't cancel within that term. But that is arguably implicitly aimed at those for whom Primus have already begun providing the service, which does not apply in your case. Whilst you may well have already entered into a contract, its term hasn't yet commenced.

A common sense view here is that as you've notified them to cancel before the contract term began, they should simply accept that, irrespective of whether or not they could technically argue you're not entitled to cancel. So if it were me I'd a) check the t and cs, b) chase them up for a reply tomorrow if you hear nothing back (ring them if no email reply is given- they didn't even reply to some of my mails) and c) in parallel, contact BT and ask them to ensure they do not transfer your service to Primus. I think you'll be ok but it may take a bit of work.

I'm presently with BT and am thinking of doing that one year advance line rental to cut the cost, there's no other price competitive deal on the main site than that and Primus....

Edit: see the other thread which discusses this, I can't post the link- search for Primus Saver Home Landline Advice Please
  • thebull
    thebull Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Hi antonio thank you for your thoughts and advice.
    Checked my email today and had a reply from Primus saying that they had recived my request to cancel and were sorry to lose me:sad::sad: I feel a bit sad now .
  • ezhiks
    ezhiks Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    thebull wrote: »
    Hi antonio thank you for your thoughts and advice.
    Checked my email today and had a reply from Primus saying that they had recived my request to cancel and were sorry to lose me:sad::sad: I feel a bit sad now .

Don't feel sad! Feel lucky you escaped in time. When Primus works its all right, when it goes wrong, and it often does, the nightmare begins.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure