🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Soft Play in Dundee

Options
Im going to St Andrews next week with my nieces and we're trying to make up contingency plans incase of bad weather

Can anyone tell me where there are Softplay places in Dundee, Im having no success with Google at all.

Im sure I saw one had opened up last year but I cant find it now

Comments

• Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    There's Pirate Island (I think) I'd maybe ring & check it's open though, not heard it mentioned for a while.
    Booo!!!
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondered if you knew about the aquarium if you will be in St Andrews anyway, that's a nice day out if the weather's rubbish also if you are over in Dundee the Scensation science centre is lot's of fun. Hope the weather isn't too bad though.
    Booo!!!
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jumping Joey's in Arbroath is very big, and it has a cafe and plenty of seating so parents can shelter from the rain - it is next door to Pleasureland, a old fashioned "arcade" that is inside too, they have trampolines, dodgems, jet flyers etc. Bit crummy but good old fashioned fun.

Monifieth Farm has a decent soft play area, £2 entry for those about 12 yo or under, there's a height limit. They do lunchtime specials on food too, it's part of the Brewer's Fayre food chain.

There's one in Scott Street up the other end of Dundee that used to change hands regularly, not that big but popular for birthday parties, that's how I know it's there...

Outside Inn used to have an attached play area, but I remember thinking it was expensive for what was in it, again I've not been there for a while ( DD is 12 now, kind of past soft play)

There are plenty of other indoors things to do in Dundee, Verdant Works is great, the museum in the centre of town is free, as is the adjoining art gallery... it depends on how old your neices are, though. Sensation usually has vouchers on their website for some money off entry, it's not cheap otherwise. Great for kids in the 5 to 9 age group though.

hope the weather holds up for you - St Andrews can be lovely or freezing both in the same day, because it's quite exposed ( being on the North Sea)
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you are out and about there is a great one called Active Kids at Stanley just outside Perth. Their outside playarea just opens next week which is great - if the weathers good!
    Have a good time
    Every days a School day!
  • donna-j_2
    donna-j_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    There is soft play in Cupar, or Muddy Boots in Balmacolm has an inside bit.
  • donna-j_2
    donna-j_2 Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    There is soft play at City Quay in Dundee too.
  • elaine32
    elaine32 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sorry to jump in But i'm going to perth for the week next week, really fancy activekids stanley do you know if their is any money of vouchers for there.
  • suzybloo
    Options
    Not aware of any money off vouchers for active kids, never seen any at all, but if you are going to the inside and outdoor parts it is good value for money. We always pack a picnic for the outside bit and spend most of the day there.
    Hope the weather is good to you,
    oh and I wouldnt waste any money going to the soft play area that has just opened at the new outdoor wear shop at Inveralmond - cant remember the name of it - but well overpriced for the amenities. There is Noahs Ark at GLenalmond but I have never been there so cannot comment on how it is. maybe someone will give you some feedback on that in a later posting.
    Every days a School day!
  • elaine32
    elaine32 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    suzybloo wrote: »
    Not aware of any money off vouchers for active kids, never seen any at all, but if you are going to the inside and outdoor parts it is good value for money. We always pack a picnic for the outside bit and spend most of the day there.
    Hope the weather is good to you,
    oh and I wouldnt waste any money going to the soft play area that has just opened at the new outdoor wear shop at Inveralmond - cant remember the name of it - but well overpriced for the amenities. There is Noahs Ark at GLenalmond but I have never been there so cannot comment on how it is. maybe someone will give you some feedback on that in a later posting.

Thanks, someone suggested a good park in couper angus, just a normal park with swings slides ect do you know that one and if so what it's called so I can put it in sat nav.
  • suzybloo
    Options
    Hi its called the Largan Park, Forfar Road. There are lots of swings, chutes, there is a zip slide, witches hat, skateboard park, along with a great big football pitch. There are plenty of picnic benches, it is somewhere we go on a regular basis. It is clean and safe and I would certainly recommend it. (If you are there and then heading straight home, you might like to pop into the chicken factory shop which is at the other end of the town. you can buy boxes of chicken legs for £8 (approx 50) or chicken fillets 35-38 in a box for approx £22.)
    Every days a School day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family