SportsDirect.com Return Policy

I brought some shoes from SportsDirect.com and I've found despite being a size 11 for most shoes, these particular ones are too big. Now, they say that I can't return the item to the store for a refund and can only return it to the store for a gift card. However, I can return it to the online store for the refund, but I have to cover the cost of delivery. For 2 boxes of shoes, this is gonna cost quite a lot.
Q. How do I return an item?

A.
Please return products to.
Website Returns
Sportsdirect.com
Unit A, Brook Park
Shirebrook
NG20 8RY

Please include your invoice clearly stating the reason for return and whether you require a refund or exchange.

We advise that you send items back via registered post, which you will have to pay for but this will ensure that it arrives with us.

As soon as we receive your item back it will be processed for an exchange/refund as requested

Unfortunately unwanted online orders cannot be returned back to our stores for a refund but can be returned to our stores for an exchange or a gift card providing that they are unused and you have your original invoice the packaging and any tags still attached. For information on your nearest store please visit our storefinder find a store here section on our website.
http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/HelpPage.aspx

So, I wanted to know if I have any other options or if I have to cover the return cost myself or can I coerce the store in to giving me a refund? The shoes are still all as new, unworn.

Comments

• nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why not get the store credit and rebuy them in the new size?
  • gordikin
    gordikin Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Return them to a store and get the correct size there. When you say you brought them...do you mean you bought them?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You bought some shoes because you wanted them.

The shoes you have are too big.

If you return them to a store they will refund what you have paid onto a gift card.

Is that right so far?

Then take the shoes to a store, accept the offered gift card and buy the right sized shoes.
    Try them on before leaving the shop though. ;)
  • Zoom7000
    Zoom7000 Posts: 112 Forumite
    gordikin wrote: »
    Return them to a store and get the correct size there. When you say you brought them...do you mean you bought them?
    lol, sorry, thank you for the correction!
    wealdroam wrote: »
    You bought some shoes because you wanted them.

The shoes you have are too big.

If you return them to a store they will refund what you have paid onto a gift card.

Is that right so far?

Then take the shoes to a store, accept the offered gift card and buy the right sized shoes.
    Try them on before leaving the shop though. ;)
    Yes, that is fair enough, but I wanted to know if I was eligible for getting a refund in store? Are they allowed to just give me a gift card? Don't they have to pay me back? Based on distance selling laws?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Zoom7000 wrote: »
    lol, sorry, thank you for the correction!

Yes, that is fair enough, but I wanted to know if I was eligible for getting a refund in store? Are they allowed to just give me a gift card? Don't they have to pay me back? Based on distance selling laws?
    But I'm confused. I thought you wanted some shoes?

If not, why did you buy them?

Anyway, to answer your question...

Yes, the have to refund money, and they are willing to do so.
    Just confirm with them that you are cancelling the order under DSRs, and return the items to the address you quote above.
    The cost of returning them must be paid by you as the products are not faulty (are they?).

If you choose to return them to a store, then that option is in addition to your statutory rights and you are accepting their terms.
  • Zoom7000
    Zoom7000 Posts: 112 Forumite
    wealdroam wrote: »
    If you choose to return them to a store, then that option is in addition to your statutory rights and you are accepting their terms.
    Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. I bought quite a few pairs. It was this particular pair that doesn't fit. I just wondered if I could get the refund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure