IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Another "which car should I get" question

in Motoring
3 replies 479 views
Hi all,

I've seen lots of these threads like this on here and hope you won't mind answering another, you were all really helpful when I asked about diesel.

I am doing approx 70 mile round trip to work each day so need something nice and economical, about 40 of those miles are motorway though so I want something that feels useful enough too. With about a £2k budget.

I've narrowed my search to 1.4l petrol :
Seat Ibiza
Ford Focus
VW Golf

As I can find 2003ish ones with around 60k miles on them. I don't want to go much older than that if I can help it). I've not ruled diesel out if I come across one but from what I've seen so far on my budget and the miles I do I think there's not going to be much difference in running.

Any thoughts/warnings or suggestions at all please?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals