Boiler quote

Options
Local plumber has quoted us £1890.00 (+VAT) to do the following:

1. remove existing combi boiler
2. supply and fit Worcester 28i Junior combi boiler with horizontal flue and radio frequency controls
3. install condense pipe into existing drain pipe.

He has worked on our system before (we had 2 new radiators fitted a few months ago) and says he reckons its plenty clean enough but from looking at other threads on here the general recommendation seems to be that not getting a flush at the time of fitting could invalidate the warranty?

The condense pipe will be fitted where there is already some pipework going through the wall so not too much work but it will involve him crawling over a garage roof which could cost more than standard?

Reviews of the WB28i seem to be mixed. It was his suggestion. We are a 3 bed terrace with one bathroom.

Does the quote seem OK?

Comments

• booty40uk
    booty40uk Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Thats about £1000 worth of kit and a days work so id say it was high.
    Andy
  • *Alice*_2-2
    Options
    We also have a 3 bed, 1 bath terrace. We had the same boiler fitted last year and so far it has been fine. It was a like for like replacement for an old combi. The system was flushed, the right additives used etc. The flue was a fairly standard length, just straight out horizontally through the adjacent wall. They did have to drill a hole and make a soak-away for the condensate though. We kept the old wireless thermostat as it was working fine.

It was fitted by a Worcester accredited engineer, so we have a 5yr guarantee on it, as opposed to the standard 2 yr (I think), provided it is serviced annually.

We paid £1650, for the labour and materials. We're in London, which can make a considerable difference. That's a pretty good price for around here.

I agree with booty40uk, your quote sounds pretty high to me. I'd get a couple more quotes and compare. My practice is to always get at least 3 quotes when we need any work doing. Also, are previous customers happy with the service they provided?

Let us know how you get on. :)
  • MoreOn
    MoreOn Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just posted i got loads extra for 1900 incl Vat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income