Honda Accord central locking

Options
rmg1
rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hi all

First post on here so please be gentle with me. :p

I've got an S reg Honda Accord and the central locking doesn't work on the passenger side, but does on the drivers side. I get the feeling it may be a fuse (there's no sound at all from that side of the car when I'm pressing the button).
Anyone any ideas which fuse/where it is or have any other ideas?

Also, every once in a while, the driver side lock drops (as in locks) just after I shut the door. I can't see this being a feature as it doesn't happen every time.

Anyone any ideasd on that one?

Cheers.
:wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.

Comments

• rmg1
    Options
    Anyone any ideas?
    Please?
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

• todolistsocd
    todolistsocd Posts: 4,194 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I have checked my "Auto Cad" software using Honda Accord 1998-03 1.6 and it says that there are a couple of fuse/relay boxes in this car.
    Like I said above, this is based on the 1.6 so, as you didn't list specific details, locations might vary but.....
    It says there should be one in your engine bay passenger side and also under/near passenger footwell/glovebox.

With the above in mind, I may be wrong, just trying to help!

Hope this helps!
  • rmg1
    Options
    Mine's a 1.8 but it should be close enough.
    I'll have a dig around and see if I can find any blown fuses. Not entirely sure how I'll check for a blown relay (apart from replacing them one at a time).
    Thanks for the info.

• todolistsocd
    todolistsocd Posts: 4,194 Forumite
    Options
    *Opinion Only*
    Hi,

I'll check 1.8 just to see if there is any difference.
    You should know if a relay has blown because there will be no clicking.
    You won't need to replace them one at a time, if you or I can find the relay number for central locking etc then that should be the relay your looking for.:)
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    It could be a worn wiring loom at the door hinge, opening/closing the door is constantly bending the wires, eventually they can start to break up just like any piece of metal which is bent back on itself several times.

But I have to say, the only car i've ever seen this as a common fault was on the Nissan Primera.

Still it's a possibility!
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • rmg1
    Options
    Thanks for all the info folks.
    Guess what I'm doing this weekend......

• Dippypud
    Dippypud Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It is entirely possible for it to be wear in the mechanism, I own a Land Rover Discovery (1990), and they're well known for a small spring in the lock mechanism to break.
    This could be something similar, try the owners forums for your car, if it's a known problem there will be some good advice to be had.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z # 40 spanner supervisor.
    No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thought.
    Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.
    "l! ilyë yantë ranya nar vanwë"
  • rmg1
    Options
    Hi all
    I've managed to find and check the fuse for the doors and they're all fine. I can feel the solenoid working if I touch the door while operating the remote so I don't think it's a wiring probolem.
    Is it posible for some sort of rod to work itself loose and fall off? I don't really fancy taking the door panel off inside, but if needs must .......

• dannyb81
    dannyb81 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I think your going to have to take the door panel off and see what is going on in there :( Quite possible it could just be a rod that has come off or seized or maybe the motor itself if it has one on each door.

Door panels are not usually too tricky to remove if you take your time *usually* screws hidden in places like under the interior door handle etc, then maybe some clips it pushes onto.

If your going to start messing with the the rods/lock i suggest you take a picture of the set-up first with a mobile phone or digi cam then you can see where all the bits came from if need be lol
  • dannyb81
    dannyb81 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    This should be a good start :)

(Had to pm you link with instructions as it won't let new users post links)

I think there the same car as the Rover600 ? door panel seems to be the one i removed most weekends trying to fix a dodgy electric window which is a well known problem on these cars.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure