credit card to pay off over-draft good idea?

Options
hi there.

im currently in my overdraft by £1500 im gonna start throwing all my money at this to clear it.at the minute i consider myself to have good crddit history,ive never been late or missed any payment.the only bad thing i would say is this overdraft,that i ended up going in via a las vegas strip club whilst on holiday with the lads,long story.anyway i wanna get rid of it.now i have thought of getting a credit card for 2 reasons

1.is it true getting a credit card improves your credit history,ive never had one,but have been offered in the past.so basically if i put my overdraft debt on this card and pay it off this way,would it improve my credit history as ive used a credit card?i would defo cut the card up when the debt is clear as i dont really want a credit card.

2.im currently getting charged interest on my over-draft,so i would be saving money if i put all my money on a interest free credit card,is this true?i know they only last around 9 months,so i would have to clear the debt in this time.

does this seem like a good idea to you lot?

if not ill just leave the debt where it is and just start clearing it off every month.

if i decide to get a CC which do you suggest?some wont allow you transer debt from current account is this correct?what is the best card to use to transer my £1500 overdraft debt in my current account to a crddit card

thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport