wedding dress

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
25 replies 1.8K views

Replies

• IdiophreakIdiophreak Forumite
    12K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've no interest in seeing my wife to be in her dress before the big day - want to see her in it on the big day, not before :)
  • Idiophreak wrote: »
    I've no interest in seeing my wife to be in her dress before the big day - want to see her in it on the big day, not before :)

Awwww sweet :)

Living and loving it :)
  • gandygandy Forumite
    369 Posts
    OH hasn't seen my dress and he won't until the big day, he did however unbeknown to him actually pick my dress (well the older version michelle rather than the adelaide that i finally got) way at the very beginning when i started looking at dresses.

when he showed me the pictures of the michelle saying that he thought that would suit me.... and i fell in love with it and really wanted to try it on but in the end up the adelaide was much better on me but had the sparkly bodice that i loved so much in the michelle.

can't wait for him to see me in it.... wonder if he'll actually remember that he picked it way way back after we'd got engaged :rotfl:
  • mrs_B_5mrs_B_5 Forumite
    316 Posts
    I actually went dress shopping with my OH :) We went to a small local shop, the last place I thought I'd find my dress, just to try a few different styles on so I could get an idea of what he thought (I want to wow him as much as everyone else) & so I could get an honest opinion (his face can't lie!)...and that was it...the first bloody dress I tried on was the one. His face, my face & the woman in the shops face said it all! No matter what I tried on since, nothing compared. So he's seen it & even seen me in it, but I did have no makeup on and my hair was a state so its still going to be a surprise for him!
  • blondaliblondali Forumite
    553 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    When I first found my dress I just wanted to go straight home and tell my OH all about it and I would have shown him photos had I taken any! However, after the initial excitement wore off and I had paid for it and actually got some photos I realised that I definately did not want him to see it before the wedding day and I was so relieved that I'd controlled myself! Its not because i'm supersitious but more because I am a complete and utter romantic and can't wait to see his face on the wedding day when I walk into the room in my beautiful dress with my veil and all my hair and makeup done, hopefully looking more beautiful than ever before and I want him to be so surprised by it all, I really think it will be so emotional especially with the music, fingers crossed their won't be a dry eye in the building ;)
  • Blondali, that's exactly how I feel about it - I'm not superstitious at all, but don't want H2B to know anything about my outfit, or to see me on our wedding day, until I walk down the aisle - purely for that moment! I spoke to him about it when we first started planning and he agrees.

Adnur, as others have said, it's entirely up to you whether you show your H2B your dress, and your reasons for doing so or not doing so are yours and his alone. :)
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • neilcrookneilcrook Forumite
    282 Posts
    Its personal opinion really.

OH does not want to see my dress and i do not want to show him it... Every show/mag or random pic i see of a dress i ask him if he likes it... He always says, no comment cos he's scared its mine. I also keep threatening that i'm going to wear one bigger than a gypsies :)
    :DStolen the OH's account so it's Jenna - not Neil:D
  • DekazerDekazer Forumite
    452 Posts
    I'm not superstitious, so wouldn't think it was bad luck. Having said that, I would really like to have that moment of OH seeing me in my dress and finery on the wedding day..

Having been together for a few years, and living together for a couple of years, he watches me get ready for every event we ever go to. We never have that date thing of meeting somewhere.

I'm looking forward to the wedding being one day where I turn up fully formed, and he doesn't have to see the leg shaving, hair brushing, nail polishing, running-around-in-my-pants-looking-for-a-suitable-bra reality!
  • neilcrook wrote: »
    Its personal opinion really.

OH does not want to see my dress and i do not want to show him it... Every show/mag or random pic i see of a dress i ask him if he likes it... He always says, no comment cos he's scared its mine. I also keep threatening that i'm going to wear one bigger than a gypsies :)

Thats what I do too! :rotfl:
    :heart2: Got Married on 30/4/11 :heart2:
    Joined SW 12/7/12...
    -4.5, -3 (1/2 Stone award), STS, -1.5, STS, -2 (SOTW)
  • My OH has seen my dress but not seen it on as it is too small!! Hoping I will get into it before Sept!!!!

He won't get to see me in it though until the day but I don't see no harm in it as it looks completely different on a hanger to actually wearing it.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides