IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help!!! Advice needed on recent parking ticket

Options
Hi,

I received a parking ticket for parking on a single yellow line at 6.20 pm on a Saturday despite a sign that said the controlled hours are from

Mon to Fri 8 a.m. to 6.30 pm and
Sat 8.30 am to 1.30 pm.

See my profile picture for a picture of the sign.

I challenged this, but the council have said that the restrictions apply to "loading restrictions" at the location and not to "parking" (NB the signs does have the word "loading" in it). The council also says that the location is in a CPZ that is enforced between 8.30 am and 6.30 pm Mon - Sat. If this is the case, then why the local sign?

I am not buying it and I think thats a load of rubbish. Has anyone had a similar experience that could offer some advice on this? Have I interpreted the sign wrongly? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Post a picture of the sign and both sides of the PCN, on pepipoo forums:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Also show them a pic of the rejection letter. The sticky threads tell you how to post pictures.

They will help you prepare a formal appeal ready for when the Notice to Owner arrives.

Most cases are successful if you appeal further, and all you risk if you go to adjudication is possibly being told to pay the non-discounted fine in the end. But the majority of motorists win anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kenny1735 wrote: »
    The council also says that the location is in a CPZ that is enforced between 8.30 am and 6.30 pm Mon - Sat. If this is the case, then why the local sign?
    CPZ's only need signs with the restriction times at all the entrances to the zone.

However if within the zone there are bays with restrictions that differ from the entrance signs, then these must be signed separately, which appears to be the case here, although your avatar is too small to be able read the exact wording.

As CM advises, post on pepipoo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport