Late fee on Lloyds Credit Card.

Options
I have incurred a late fee by 2 days of 12.00 on the above account. However is was still within the statement date but obviously not received by the payment due date. My question is when details are sent through to a credit reference agency does this show the payment one month in arrears.
The advisor I spoke to said it would not but would like independant confirmation. This was a zero percent on purchases until January 06 and was advised this will make no difference to that rate. I was concerned they may have put us on the standard rate.

Comments

• Fait_accompli
    Options
    No, you should be fine if it was only two days late. I think it'd show as a default on your credit report if it's a payment made at least a month late.
  • Chris2000
    Options
    Back in 2002, my full payment to RBS Advanta (now Mint) arrived the day after the Payment Due Date. They recorded it as being 1 month in arrears at the credit reference agencies.
  • lamaar75
    Options
    Crapital One did this to me also, it arrived one day late ( due to a bank holiday ) so as well as robbing me of £12, they showed it as a late payment on my credit file.
  • kuohu
    kuohu Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mable - Might be a good warning to set up a direct debit to cover the minimum payment, then make overpayments as required via internet banking.
    DFW Nerd 035
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kuohu wrote:
    Mable - Might be a good warning to set up a direct debit to cover the minimum payment, then make overpayments as required via internet banking.

The sad thing is I always do but forgot to with this one. The times I am always telling others about setting up a direct debit and I fall foul myself. I have onlly myself to blame. Thats life!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure