We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The worst credit score
Comments
-
cattie1 wrote:lol. I got an "N" for an a-level- that's even lower than a u!
my credit score with eperian is just over 300! thats bad but what's even more annoying is I've only defaulted on 2payments and 1 is for someone else's bill!!! (I have moved house and changed jobs a lot though!)
I thougt an N was higher than a U. We were told N meant you "nearly" passed. Not that it matters, N and U both mean failed (or did 15 years ago!) so would it make you feel better or worse to know that you had nearly passed?0 -
chocaholic110 wrote:Not sure that Garlik has all the information anyway. Gave me a score of 905 but said I had no searches on my record in last year which I know is wrong as have had 2 new credit cards this year.
It also told me my address was a horrendous place to live where I was 56% more likely to have financial difficulties!
Oh, and it also says that my household score is the same as my personal score as there are no third parties there. OK, so where's hubby living then??0 -
Doesn't Garlik do something with your post code area?
If it's the one i'm thinking of it's a guestimated score rather than an actual and it takes into account the area you live in mine was crap when i did pay everything on time cause i live in a place that is nick named Giro city so lots of people around here are skint it's normal.
I'm rather glad my credit scores rubbish i can't get into anymore debt now lololol0 -
I just don't bother with looking for my credit rating anymore - it would probably be in the minuses. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.
HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7
DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS0 -
Garlik uses the "3rd" credit reference agency, callcredit. This is not as big as Experian and Equifax and probably holds less information because fewer companies use it for their credit searches etc. It says I have had 1 credit search in 12 months; yeah, right, where did all these credit cards come from then ?
46 is still low though
, but on the bright side, at least you didn't get a minus number (a debit score?)
:beer:Not even wrong0 -
I thought N was no grade - ie you didnt get enough to even get a U
puddsAugust 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,
no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/0 -
Sorry but I just had to find out.
"When GCSEs were introduced, and also to resolve the long standing problem of the narrow spread of marks between the grade boundaries, the O-level pass was dropped, replaced by a grade N, standing for 'Near miss', which was a much narrower denotation for candidates who failed to achieve the minimum standard for an A-level pass by only a few marks. The grade F was also replaced by a grade U. With the increase in the modular structure of the A-level examinations, the retention of the grade N was considered unnecessary as there was far more information to indicate how close a candidate was towards achieving a pass based on the modules taken. Therefore, with the introduction of the new revised A-levels in 2001 under Curriculum 2000, the grade N was finally dropped."
Still don't see how it helps to know you nearly got an A level though - a fail is a fail! (Speaking as one who gained a N in Biology!!)0 -
I got an N for one of my A Levels. We were told it was 'near miss' and meant missing out on an E grade by 3%.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards