We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The worst credit score

Just got a free credit score from Garlik.com and it was 46!!! I knew it would be bad but still a bit of a shock.

Just to make me feel a bit better ;) what are the worst scores people have seen?
Debt as at 12th July 2006 - £61,345 :eek: :eek: :eek:
Debt free 21st Oct 2011.

All thanks to :money:
«1

Comments

  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    james23_uk wrote:
    Just to make me feel a bit better ;) what are the worst scores people have seen?

    A friend of mine once got 14% in a Geography exam :rolleyes:
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • jet77
    jet77 Posts: 1,586 Forumite
    I don't know what 46 means? I get my report from experian and it tells you on a scale 0 (for good) upwards depending on how you kept up your repayments. My scores not good however you look at it though!!
    JUST DO IT ONE BRICK AT A TIME
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
    Weekly Budget: groceries£50/petrol£50/Unnecesary£15
    DEBT PAID = 58% (£4,212/£8216):T
  • I answered one question in my GCSE chemistry exam. Think i got a 'u' grade in that.

    Dont worry about your credit score, it will get better
  • Not sure that Garlik has all the information anyway. Gave me a score of 905 but said I had no searches on my record in last year which I know is wrong as have had 2 new credit cards this year.
    It also told me my address was a horrendous place to live where I was 56% more likely to have financial difficulties!
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    I looked at mine yesterday and was 440........that was low, only got good marks for area that i live and the fact that im on the voting register. Showed up no searches on my account (which i just learnt is really bad???) thought that would be good?? but i took out a contract phone 2 months ago, so sure they would have done a credit check for that?
    It also didnt have all my debts on there, but its only 75% complete so will check again in a few days.
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    chilli_dog wrote:
    I answered one question in my GCSE chemistry exam. Think i got a 'u' grade in that.

    Dont worry about your credit score, it will get better
    lol. I got an "N" for an a-level- that's even lower than a u!
    my credit score with eperian is just over 300! thats bad but what's even more annoying is I've only defaulted on 2payments and 1 is for someone else's bill!!! (I have moved house and changed jobs a lot though!)
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • cattie1
    cattie1 Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    how do you get a free credit score from garlik? I googled it and just get loads of stuff about data protection but nothing about credit scores!
    official dfw nerd club member no 214
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
    Why is a person that handles your money called a broker?!:confused:
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    It was/is an offer from pigsback, think its 500 points if you join and its free. Not sure how long its free for but you dont have to give any bank or card details.
  • aimme13
    aimme13 Posts: 458 Forumite
    its www.garlik.com

    hope that helps, and dont forget to go through pigsback
  • sign up with Garlik...you get a free credit report...doesnt cost anything at the moment...

    https://www.garlik.com/index1.php?page=about

    or you get 50 points if you sign up through pigsback
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.