6 years in the job

Options
greyhound_94
greyhound_94 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 28 March 2011 at 4:03PM in Redundancy & redundancy planning
Hi all,
I have question that I need someone to give me advice on Plse.:(

I have worked with the same company for 6 years 4 mths. In 2007 I was selected for redundancy and was successful in keeping my role. I was promoted to a senior just before this happened, but did not sign a new contract like I had done when I first began the job 6 years ago. In 2009 I gave notice for personal reasons and left returning back within 2 weeks.

The company have been honest with its employees and declared at the beginning of this year that they are experiencing financial difficulties this resulting in voluntary redundancy letters going out to the management team and I have been selected "at risk". My question is if I have not signed a new contract when I was made to a senior level, but I left and returned within 2 weeks am I entitled to any redundancy for the 6 years I have worked.

Also I have been honest to my employer after being encourged to attend Uni by my manager and will be leaving to pursue a full time degree in September. Could they make me redundant because of this alone?

Comments

• gadjah543
    gadjah543 Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As soon as you left and came back you terminated your original contract. Your length of service also starts from when you returned after the 2 week break so does not include the previous years.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Also I have been honest to my employer after being encourged to attend Uni by my manager and will be leaving to pursue a full time degree in September. Could they make me redundant because of this alone?

why make you redundant just keep you on till you leave.

I gave notice for personal reasons and left returning back within 2 weeks.

2weeks is a break in continuity if less than 2 years ago then no redundancy unless enhanced
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure