I want Adele tickets at face value!

Thought i would treat the wife as she is a massive Adele fan and she is in Cardiff in September - I went to the venue which directed me to Ticket master where the face vale for a ticket is £32.50. But they did not have any tickets, but directed me to a partner site which had ticket but at £88 each! as i need 2 tickets there is also a fee of £30ish - which takes it to £195 for 2 tickets!

Any ideas on how to get face value prices?

Comments

  • Fan to fan exchanges would be your best avenue to go down, though the official re-seller sites do have shocking mark-ups.

    Keep an eye on Scarlet Mist (https://www.scarletmist.co.uk) or try Gumtree. Most of the time, these are honest fans who can no longer attend.
    "Who throws a shoe, honestly?"
    :rotfl:
  • deefadog wrote: »
    Thought i would treat the wife as she is a massive Adele fan and she is in Cardiff in September - I went to the venue which directed me to Ticket master where the face vale for a ticket is £32.50. But they did not have any tickets, but directed me to a partner site which had ticket but at £88 each! as i need 2 tickets there is also a fee of £30ish - which takes it to £195 for 2 tickets!

    Any ideas on how to get face value prices?

    Sorry, doubt you are going to be able to get face value tickets anywhere as this is sold out so most of the tickets have gone to agencies as usual. Best I found is ebay selling standing tickets for £75 each (6 available) or website called ticketindex.net which are doing between £77.50 for rear seated and £85 for front seated. Can't see booking fee extra but is £5 for postage.
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for the help! I'll keep an eye out, it was only by chance i found out about the tour and of course i was to late. I find it scandalous that companies buy the tickets up! But that's ticket life i guess :)

    Thanks again for the help and info, i may get lucky :)
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks Nile, never knew there was a dedicated thread for tickets!

    Cheers for the move.

    Take care
  • sb65
    sb65 Posts: 107 Forumite
    randomtask wrote: »
    Fan to fan exchanges would be your best avenue to go down, though the official re-seller sites do have shocking mark-ups.

    Keep an eye on Scarlet Mist (www.scarletmist.co.uk) or try Gumtree. Most of the time, these are honest fans who can no longer attend.

    I agree on the first comment. Unfortuantely hard to get events command a premium price and you'll probably need to pay above face to see an artist like Adele.

    As for Scarlet Mist. The chance of getting anything on there for Adele is close to zero. Again hard acts to get tickets to last minutes on Scarlet. You'd have to be checking every hour to see whetrher anything got listed.
  • You can get cheap adele tickets at Direct Seats.Most of the tickets found in their inventory are less than the facevalue and all the tickets are authentic.
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    Yesceeohhh wrote: »
    You can get cheap adele tickets at Direct Seats.Most of the tickets found in their inventory are less than the facevalue and all the tickets are authentic.
    Yeah right
  • I have several times in the past got tickets to sold-out gigs of major acts on the morning/early afternoon of the gig with a polite enquiry (in-person) to the box office.

    Goes without saying though, that this is big-time high risk strategy and probably advised only if you "might like" to see a particular artist.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards