Letter from AmEx

Options
Well - I got a letter from AmEx the other day - expecting a (like a lot of others) "we're closing your account" or "we're lowering your credit limit".

Neither of these will bother me - I stopped using it when they changed the cashback teirs earlier in the year - Egg is more profitable for me. Maybe when egg change the Money cashback rate next year AmEx might be good again.

However, instead - I had a letter offering me to reduce my interest rate from 14.9% to 12.9%.

In context of me not using the card - it makes sense - they are trying to get me back to using it. The only thing that's confusing me really is that they require me to either phone in to accept it or to send a form back.

I don't really understand why they want the form back. I'd have thought it was enough just to lower the rate - but no - I have to acknowledge it.

Bizarre.

M.

Comments

• gingercordial
    Options
    If you haven't been using the card for a while, perhaps they want to check you're still there and haven't moved/died/etc?
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send the form back to get the lower rate!

It all helps!
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Or phone them so they can try to up/ cross sell you their services and encourage you to start using it again :)
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport