Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Chocolate Quiz

feclmum
feclmum Posts: 216 Forumite
edited 24 March 2011 at 10:17PM in Charities
Hi

We are looking at doing a chocolate quiz, cryptic clues with all the answers being chocolate names, to raise funds for our school pta.
I did one years ago but cant find it anywhere, does anybody know where I can get hold of one or even have one that they could send me a copy of please???

any suggestions would be fantastic:)

meant to say we want it to be a paper sheet one where you take it away, fill it in and return with a pound.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    if you google chocolate quiz you'll find at least two quite fast ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    http://guidinguk.freeservers.com/chocolate.html

I've used it with kids, they found it very hard so it's probably best suited to adults :)
  • feclmum
    thanks very much for both suggestions
    slbhill quiz is great but when i click for the answers the answers dont come up any chance you could pm me the answers please?
  • feclmum
    ive managed to get the answers now thanks
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Cool, sorry been busy. If anyone else is looking & the link doesn't work, you just need to scroll down the page, they're at the bottom after a big gap.
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If you're letting people take it away and you found the questions online, you know people will find the answers.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    juno wrote: »
    If you're letting people take it away and you found the questions online, you know people will find the answers.

That doesn't really matter. Round our way the correctly filled questionnaires go into a hat and on x date the first picked out gets the prize. (or first 3 or whatever). To be fair it has to work something like this otherwise those who get theirs on the Monday would have a better chance of winning than those who don't get theirs til the Friday iykwim.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    If you want to make the quiz a little more personal to the school and try to avoid a large tie break situation then you could add a couple of questions along the lines of

What is the head teachers favourite chocolate bar?
    or
    Measured in terms of a curly wurly how tall in bars is the sports teacher?
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There are loads of 'crossword makers' or 'anagram makers' online; you can make up your own question sheet quite easily.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • thebfb
    thebfb Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Stumbled across this when looking for a chocolate quiz for our scout group - I also found a couple of good picture quizzes on Instant Quizzes -these went down well and were a bit easier than the cryptic chocolate quizzes - I can't post the links on here so search for Instant Quizzes on Google then search on the toip right hand page for "Chocolate"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure