We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Littlewoods don't take payment

Options
For three months in a row I have attempted to pay littlewoods catalogue online and each time even though it has appeared to go through, it hasn't. The first month I knew nothing until I received a nasty letter involving charges. I phoned and paid. the next month the same thing. This month again the same, I learnt my lesson and checked with my bank and have avoided non-payment charges. They will only refund one charge. The operator basically called me stupid for not checking each month that the payment had gone through AND for using their online payment method again, even though they say it is 'faultless'. Obviously I won't use the online system again to pay as I am obviously too stupid to handle it.:mad:

Comments

• xangeleyes
    xangeleyes Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Good that you don't use it again, however it's stupid of THEM that such a large company can't sort out their own payment system....unless it's a fault with your bank?

Set up a direct debit or standing order??
    :beer: Thank you to everyone! :beer:

:eek: Officially addicted to Comping :eek:
  • pinkichiban
    pinkichiban Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had no problem with other payments from my bank and money is available. I am not keen on direct debits as I am on a limited income and these have caused me problems in the past. This was meant to be the easy way...
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Pinkichiban,

We're sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your payments online. We would advise to you to check we have received your last payment by logging into My Account. Click on the Transaction History link on the left hand side of the screen, to view your most recent transactions.

The payments we have received will be listed here or on your latest statement. Please allow 7 working days for payments made by post, and 4 working days for payments made by all other methods. If your payment still cannot be seen in My Account, contact us on 0844 822 8000.

We hope this information helps.

Many Thanks

Nicola

Littlewoods Representative
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pinkichiban
    pinkichiban Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did phone and was called stupid...
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Options
    Try escalating and/or complaining to Mark Newton-Jones, Shop Direct (Empire Stores, Great Universal, Kays, Littlewoods, Very, Marshall Ward, Woolworths) Chief Executive, via email at [EMAIL="mark.newton-jones@shopdirect.com"]mark.newton-jones@shopdirect.com[/EMAIL].

Good luck and hope this helps.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    For three months in a row I have attempted to pay littlewoods catalogue online and each time even though it has appeared to go through, it hasn't. The first month I knew nothing until I received a nasty letter involving charges. I phoned and paid. the next month the same thing. This month again the same, I learnt my lesson and checked with my bank and have avoided non-payment charges. They will only refund one charge. The operator basically called me stupid for not checking each month that the payment had gone through AND for using their online payment method again, even though they say it is 'faultless'. Obviously I won't use the online system again to pay as I am obviously too stupid to handle it.:mad:

I pay my Littlewoods online without hassle.

They ALWAYS send a auto Email to say that payment has been recieved, so if you do try to pay online again, make sure you recieve the Email, as otherwise it probably hasn't gone through.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »
    I pay my Littlewoods online without hassle.

They ALWAYS send a auto Email to say that payment has been recieved, so if you do try to pay online again, make sure you recieve the Email, as otherwise it probably hasn't gone through.

Lin :)

same for me
    in fact they seem to have improved it lately
    payment show in the account far faster and come out the bank quicker
  • pinkichiban
    Options
    Previously I've had no problems. My issue really is the attitude of the company when faced with a problem.
  • xangeleyes
    xangeleyes Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    Complain about the person you spoke to implying that you were stupid. Most companies record their telephone conversations so they could listen back.
    Phone up again, and fingers crossed you don't get the same person lol.
    A standing order is good, and you can cancel it at any time. I'm not sure what happens if you've not got the money in your account though? Not sure if you get charged a fee from the bank?
    What about a payment book/card? Ask if they have one and do it through that.
    Also when you pay online, do you get a receipt online? Keep hold of it.

PS. Is that really a Littlewoods Rep? Wow, so Littlewoods searches MSE for complaints etc? I'm not being sarcastic lol, I just didn't know they did that :)
    :beer: Thank you to everyone! :beer:

:eek: Officially addicted to Comping :eek:
  • Philb13
    Options
    I've been making online payments with my debit card to Littlewoods,Empire and Kay&Co for years........never had a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport