Xbox plus 4 free games for £49 at Argos!

Comments

• shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wow cheers!

Just reserved one :)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • Excellent find. Another one crossed of the list!

Cheers.
    sufferinsnickerinrickrastadley
  • for those greedy kids who want the 360 you should order a marker with this box!!
  • avoniel
    avoniel Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    for those greedy kids who want the 360 you should order a marker with this box!!

Which does what? Sorry I am a novice. I ordered one too thanks to OP
  • many thanks darren just reserved one for hubby :j
  • mirakl
    mirakl Posts: 484 Forumite
    Hmm I'm on the verge of ordering one and trying desperately to excuse it, we have a PS2 and really we should just wait for the PS3. An XBox no matter how cheap is probably just greedy.
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

Grand Total £99-41
  • wacko911
    wacko911 Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Xbox are great, at this price they are a steal. Get one, get it modified and you will never look back.

I have over 130 Xbox games on mine, 16,000 emulators & Xbox Media Centre for movies, and music.

Xboxes can be softmodded without even opening the case, do a search on Google, requires a game and memory card.

You can also install a larger hard drive to store all your stuff on.

Anyone in the Craigavon area looking a softmod & XBMC for a small fee let me know.
  • Hmmm... I'm very tempted by the price as a pressie for OH. However I know nothing about them & am wondering if a a 360 or a PS-whatever is better. OH normally plays war games like rome or civilisation on a pc. Can anyone help or know of a website that has a quick comparison chart or something?

Thanks
  • Artofdookie
    Artofdookie Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Out of stock in Ballymena but i have one reserved untill 5.30pm tonight, anyone wants the number pm me, but ill only be about for another half hour
    Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex, I Can See Through Your Skirt I've Got X-Ray Spex
  • Hmmm... I'm very tempted by the price as a pressie for OH. However I know nothing about them & am wondering if a a 360 or a PS-whatever is better. OH normally plays war games like rome or civilisation on a pc. Can anyone help or know of a website that has a quick comparison chart or something?

Thanks
    the way i see it is the xbox is a console aimed more towards the more mature audience, ie war games and first person shooters, ps2/3 is somewhere in the middle and the nintendo is more for (but not exclisively) aimed at the younger market.

the xbox is a great console, its more powerful than the playstation 2, with better graphics, it has a big back catalogue of games that you can pick up second hand in game for a few quid, and if you get really bored of it, there is a chance that you can make it into a desktop pc (as it is really a pentium 3)!

as the newly realeased games for the ps2 are all around £39, this is a steal for £10 more with 4 games!

having said that, if you have an oh that has a hi def tv then they'll be dissapointed if its not an xbox 360!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure