We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

xbox console + 4 games £49.98! (merged) All gone now ; (

13567…50

Comments

  • lozkate
    lozkate Posts: 127 Forumite
    Great price but I have heard that due to the X Box 360 there wont be any new games from 1 December
  • williams55 wrote:
    Brill deal for sure . Im thinking that since i already have a xbox which i wouldnt part with , then maybe i could buy this and trade the games in at game . Anyone know how much you would get for the games . If i could get say £25 for the games at game then that would leave me with a brand spanking xbox for £25 ..wohhhh



    I picked up fable & halo 2 for £5 each from game shop, so dont think you will get too much for the games.

    BTW both these games work on the 360 aswell
  • Johntea
    Johntea Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    lozkate wrote:
    Great price but I have heard that due to the X Box 360 there wont be any new games from 1 December

    Who cares about that when there are way more than enough quality games out for the thing already :D

    I hope this is a genuine offer as I won't be able to pick up the 2 I reserved (The only 2 in my local area!) until tomorrow. And I already have 2 XBox consoles which shows how much of a bargain this is really!
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    This gaming thing is all new to me. My boys 5 and 7 wanted one for xmas, couldnt afford the 360 so got a ps2 for £80 play.com.
    Do you think this is a good deal for me or should i just stick with what i have.

    I know nothing about game prices etc and i presume you cant play new games on the xbox which are ment for the 360??
  • Excellent find, just been down to argos and picked 4 up :beer: :beer: what a good deal
  • retepetsir
    retepetsir Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    4?! Selling them I take it?

    All those games should also work on the 360 :)

    The Great Declutter Challenge - £876 :)

  • lozkate
    lozkate Posts: 127 Forumite
    Johntea wrote:
    Who cares about that when there are way more than enough quality games out for the thing already :D


    I thought this was a great deal and have reserved one for a friend - I just thought that this was useful information to know, isn't this what the MSE board is about?.:mad:
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 621 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Xbox360 Backward compatibility game list.

    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

    Forza [Yes]
    Halo 2 [Yes]
    Fable [Yes]
    PGR2 [No]

    W1zz
  • Excellent find, just been down to argos and picked 4 up :beer: :beer: what a good deal

    If they are to re-sell you won't make much on these. An old console that most places are clearing from their stocks now so prices will be plumetting all around now.
  • Totoriko
    Totoriko Posts: 650 Forumite
    claire21 wrote:
    This gaming thing is all new to me. My boys 5 and 7 wanted one for xmas, couldnt afford the 360 so got a ps2 for £80 play.com.
    Do you think this is a good deal for me or should i just stick with what i have.

    I know nothing about game prices etc and i presume you cant play new games on the xbox which are ment for the 360??

    No you won't be able to play Xbox360 games on this Xbox. But at £49.99 and 4 top games, it's definitely a bargain. Since Microsoft are phasing out the original Xbox, the games will be cheap to buy and there are lots of quality games out there.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.