Entering Postal Competitions?

Options
Hello All.

I was browsing through the magazines today and noticed there are lots of postal competitions.

Are they worth entering? - Is there more chance of winning a postal competition than an online comp, as you have to get the stamp, send it etc - more hassle like?

Comments

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    Yes but you could always give whatever you win to a charity so then all the hassle of sending off your own paper, envelopes and stamps for a small prize would all be worth it for that warm glow you'll get:)
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    Options
    I enter the odd one if it's a prize that I really want.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • fabwitch_2
    fabwitch_2 Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    Options
    I have won quite a few postal compitions including Theatre tickets, mini cruise to Germany and my wedding in Las Vegas plus £500 spending money. They are worth entering especially in your local papers because not mny people tend to enter.
    Competitions wins 2010

LG Cookie Fresh Mobile with £50 credit, Kiss 100 on FB
    .:j
  • lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've had two wins this year from postal competitions worth around 60 pounds haven't spent that much on stamps to win as i didn't enter loads just the ones out of various baby magazines.
    I've heard people feel they have more luck with postal competitions so i've ordered 100 postcards going to use them all on competitions in one month and see if i get a return. If i do i'll continue if not i wont waste my cash
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    I won £100 from FULL HOUSE. They even printed a little piccy of me!! I probably did spend more than that entering 10 times per mag for about 2 months!! I did also enter this 1 a few times by Tx so I can't tell if it was the letter or tx that did it!!

GOOD LUCK!
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    I won £100 from FULL HOUSE. They even printed a little piccy of me!! I probably did spend more than that entering 10 times per mag for about 2 months!! I did also enter this 1 a few times by Tx so I can't tell if it was the letter or tx that did it!!

GOOD LUCK!
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have won some lovely prizes from postal comps like a £1000 shopping spree, several short breaks, vouchers, lots of children's toys/items. When I soent more time netering competitions I used to find my wins were roughly 50/50 postal/ online. All my best wins have been postal, but you need to offset this against the extra cost and time. I now enter the odd postal comp, if its for something that really appeals. If I had the time, I would do more.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had two wins this year from postal competitions worth around 60 pounds haven't spent that much on stamps to win as i didn't enter loads just the ones out of various baby magazines.
    I've heard people feel they have more luck with postal competitions so i've ordered 100 postcards going to use them all on competitions in one month and see if i get a return. If i do i'll continue if not i wont waste my cash

You can pick up free postacrds in most large cinemas.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    Do you have to put answers on a postcard? I just used pages from a note pad and set it out like the competition form. Is that allowed? They have to open the envelope for the official forms so why not for unofficial 1s!
    (I am referring to the 'lots of competitions' style womens mags with the form in the back!)
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    I make my own poastcards. I take a sheet of A4 card (white or coloured) ters using some fancy patterned scissors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure