IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

2 Parking tickets for the same offence...

Options
I've just come back from London, overnight I parked in Lambeth and parked in a space which I'd been told by the person I was with was a mon-fri zone, as it was a saturday night this would have been ok.

However the person was mistaken as it later turned out and whilst some bays on the street in question are Mon - Fri or Pay and Display most are infact Mon-Sun it seems.

The street in question is Wooten Street SE1 if anyone wants to view it on google.

Unfortunately I got back to the car on Sunday to discover to my horror the car had been ticketed.

I checked the sign near the car and discovered that I actually had to walk onto the pavement to view it as it was not visible from the road, the sign's restriction is Mon-Sun 8.30am -8.30pm (I think) so unfortunately the Council would have been within their right to give me a ticket.

Anyway I packed my car and left, just as I was about to leave a tow truck came so I consider myself very lucky not to have been towed away too.

However I got home and looked at the ticket and as I pulled it from the pouch I discovered that there were actually 2 of them, one is dated the 19th and is for 17.54- 18.00 the other is for the 20th and is from 9.28 - 9.34.

So the question I guess has to be asked is how many tickets can you be given for the same offence within a 24 hr period?

I'm of the understanding that you can not be given more than one in any 24 hr period for the same offence however this 24 hr period lasts midnight - midnight and so theirfore the council would unfortunately again be within it's rights is this correct?

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    I think you would be wise to post this on https://www.pepipoo.com , they can help you with this, just register and read the FAQs then post up a new thread in the parking section, they will need scans of both sides of the pcn, photos of signs if you can, and any letter received, scrub anything that identifies you then host them on photobucket , and post links in the thread.

Good luck
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    although its within a 24 hour period its actually over 2 days, you can get a ticket at 23.45 and again at 01.00
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport