What would happen next?

Options
Could you give me advice on what would happen next if I was to talk to my cc providers and say that I was struggling to meet the monthly amounts?

Thank you

Comments

• Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    Depends what you ask of them and how you explain your reasoning for struggling.... is this just a temp thing as you are only on sick pay as you broke your leg but will be able to make full payments again when back at work? Is it that you simply have been "irresponsible" with your spending and knew from the outset that you wouldnt be able to afford your outgoings when you bout that new wardrobe?

They will look at what sort of customer you have been - how long with them? payments on time? going over the credit limit? etc

They can offer anything from freezing interest, reducing payments to saying that you shouldnt have spent to much. If you have been the perfect long term customer and it is only a temp setback they are most likely to do things for you. If you have been a poor customer who has simply overspent then they may decide that they want you to get late payment notices and defaults on your credit reference history before they are willing to consider helping.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport