Anyone now how Loss Adjusters work?

Options
2»

Comments

• theJudge
    theJudge Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.news-insurances.com/building-firm-rok-files-for-administration/0167469700

If Rok were my insurer's main builder, then they would now be having to establish a contractor network of their own from scratch. Hence delays in dealing with policyholder's claims, cowboy builders and lack of alternative builders. One would hope that insurers of the size of mine wouldn't be so reliant on a single supplier, however.
  • steste63
    Options
    Hello BingBong !

i have recently been broken into and had a large amount of items stolen,these items included jewelery tv's and the like,My jewelery items had been valued by a jeweler and i provided the valuations to the Loss Adjuster,i also had recipts/photos/boxes for most other items, i was actually told i had a "little bit too much information" !! how can that be right to tell me that ! also i was asked if i have any county court judgements to which i replied i hadn't ! turns out i have 1 but i never even realised i did ! i have never had a letter telling me i had? is this just a way of the insurance to get out of paying me ??
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Steste which Insurer are you with ?

The Insurers should not penalise you for being organised enough to keep receipts and boxes unless there are other issues with the claim.

Have a read of this link as it may be helpful if the Loss Adjuster wants to give you vouchers or arrange replacements from their suppliers http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/10/oct-repair-replace-cash.htm
  • nelgibson00
    Options
    To find out exactly if your insurance is worthwhile or not, it is advisable to sit down with the loss adjuster and have a healthy and smart conversation with him to know if your policy falls short of expectations, then what will be the options you are left with and what exactly you are supposed to do in those situations. Ask him to ensure your estate or wealth creation plan is fully funded.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To find out exactly if your insurance is worthwhile or not, it is advisable to sit down with the loss adjuster and have a healthy and smart conversation with him to know if your policy falls short of expectations, then what will be the options you are left with and what exactly you are supposed to do in those situations. Ask him to ensure your estate or wealth creation plan is fully funded.

No one listening.................
    You have reopened a thread from over 12months ago.;)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Options
    Poppie68 wrote: »
    No one listening.................
    You have reopened a thread from over 12months ago.;)

Quite topical being 12 months behind when discussing Loss Adjusters, some of them work slower than continental drift
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Options
    You can't let the small matter of claims get in the way of the Friday golf session or drinks in the week with brokers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure