edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
14 replies 2.5K views
kaalookaaloo Forumite
346 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
Hot off the BBC website:

British Gas raise gas and electric prices

The rise is on top of January's increase of 5.9%
British Gas is putting up its gas and electricity prices for domestic users.
The cost of gas will rise by 12.4% and the cost of electricity will rise by 9.4%, the company said.

The new prices take effect from 20 September and are expected to add an extra £52 a year to a typical gas bill, which is paid quarterly.

The firm blamed the rising cost of wholesale gas, which has risen sharply in the past year, partly as a result of higher crude oil prices.

The new prices are expected to add an average of £24 a year to a typical electricity bill, paid quarterly, or £26 a year for customers who pay by a prepayment meter.

IMPACT ON AVERAGE BILL*
Gas paid quarterly: £422 a year to £474 a year
Gas paid by direct debit: £378 a year to £425 a year
Electricity paid quarterly: £257 a year to £281 a year
Electricity paid by direct debit: £245 a year to £268 a year
Prepayment gas: £422 a year to £474 a year
Prepayment electricity: £273 a year to £299 a year
*Average usage and prices include VAT
Bismillah

Replies

• citrickycitricky Forumite
    24 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know the telephone number of the organisation that recommends which suppliers to go with depending on your circumstances?
  • energywatch.org gives approved comparison sites

industry regulator
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Original poster - we all have televisions (there are some without one but you find me one and I'll be surprised), and we all have the internet.

Your post is more or less a direct copy of an article - and reading it just made me think that you seem to be under the impression you are telling us something new.

I knew someone would post something on this when I heard about it - I didn't think they'd pretty much copy out word for word an article from the press/internet about it.

Well done you.
  • kaalookaaloo Forumite
    346 Posts
    Original poster - we all have televisions (there are some without one but you find me one and I'll be surprised), and we all have the internet.

Your post is more or less a direct copy of an article - and reading it just made me think that you seem to be under the impression you are telling us something new.

I knew someone would post something on this when I heard about it - I didn't think they'd pretty much copy out word for word an article from the press/internet about it.

Well done you.

!!!!!!????  Read my opening statement: "Hot off the BBC website".  Be careful before making stupid statements.

This is a site designed to enlighten people about such things.

Most posts here are links and info others have found online, on tv or in adverts - you're going to have to spend a long time replying to each of them to tell them the obvious!

Do you ring up the news networks to tell them that you saw the same news on the other channel too? - I can see you doing it!!

Do you work for BG?

Get a life.
    Bismillah
  • alaredalared Forumite
    4K Posts
    Anyone silly enough to still be with BGas (and there are about 13 million of you) get switching now.
    Who to?
    Anyone is better than BGas as long as you get both fuels and pay by DD
  • Having a bad day daveboy??
    Regards

Mark
  • MrPaylessMrPayless Forumite
    113 Posts

Well done you.

Kaaloo - thanks for the info - I don't bother with TV much, I prefer to get my info off this site (the Mrs is registered and we've saved loads from posts like yours!). I thought I would register too today.

We check this site every day and I have to say that Daveboys reply is the dumbest post I am yet to see on this site!

10/10 for making the Mrs laugh Davey!
    ee bye gum
  • But Martin was on radio 2 today suggesting you hold fire before changing your provider. Wait until October he said but daveboy probably already knows that and I will await his wrath
    Regards

Mark
  • A bit miffed as I've only just switched to BG! (from Powergen )I suppose I'll watch my and compare bills for 12 months or so.

I am a single owner occupier so my bills are a quite low anyway but" in for a penny in for a pound".

Another way of keeping down your bills, save energy and protect the enviroment is to ensure that any unused electrical equipment is switched off and heating only used when someone is in the house!
    Waddle you do eh?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides