We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Broadband Usage Monitor

googler
googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
I've just realised that on a couple of occasions in the past, my broadband speed has been limited by my ISP due to high usage and their fair use policy. Their tech notes in the warning e-mail say that I can download a usage monitor from the interweb but they don't specify any in particular

Can anyone recommend a download?
«1

Comments

  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Try netmeter from Readerror, I used to use it before I went unlimited.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Try netmeter from Readerror
    Hassle free and cost free. Recommended. Works with XP Vista and 7.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I prefer NetWorx, which I have found less flaky than Netmeter, and in nearly a year hasn't lost me my file of data...
  • luci
    luci Posts: 6,462 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Networx here too when I needed one. Netmeter kept losing my data.
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Networx can also synchronise the usage for several PCs and be set to ignore local network traffic.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,469 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    luci wrote: »
    Networx here too when I needed one. Netmeter kept losing my data.

    Or else it wouldn't start at boot, was good on XP + v.1.12.

    Now use NetWorx. :)
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • bordercars
    bordercars Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    im on a mac, oh ipod and son pc, is there a mac version anyone can suggest
    Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
    CCC Play Off Winners 2010
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Can someone tell me if the daily d/l figures from Networx can be broken down further into specific periods within a day? I'm supposed to have unlimited downloads between midnight and 8am and I want to check accuracy of my ISP time-keeping.
  • bcl999 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if the daily d/l figures from Networx can be broken down further into specific periods within a day? I'm supposed to have unlimited downloads between midnight and 8am and I want to check accuracy of my ISP time-keeping.

    Right click the system tray icon, select usage statistics and then the hourly rates tab, or go to quotas and set up your on and off peak hours.
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/manual/options_advanced.htm
  • "im on a mac, oh ipod and son pc, is there a mac version anyone can suggest "

    http://www.skoobysoft.com/skooby/download.html#skoobyutilities

    I'm half way through migrating to mac and came across surplus meter on the above site after reading a few rave reviews about it.
    I downloaded it alright but can't get it to work, (my fault, total thicky). If you download it and get it to work, could you pm me and tell me how you did it please ?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.