We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
memory card reader not recognised
pipmoss
Posts: 263 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi Guys
Ive had a look at previous threads but they all appear to be quite old.
I have an Integral usb2 card reader when i connect it to my desktop pc it works fine,however when i connect it to my laptop the reader is not recognised. I know that my usb ports are working on the lappy.
I have windows 7 on the lappy.
could this be part of the problem?
Hope to hear from you soon
:beer::beer:
Ive had a look at previous threads but they all appear to be quite old.
I have an Integral usb2 card reader when i connect it to my desktop pc it works fine,however when i connect it to my laptop the reader is not recognised. I know that my usb ports are working on the lappy.
I have windows 7 on the lappy.
could this be part of the problem?
Hope to hear from you soon
:beer::beer:
0
Comments
-
Have you tried a different usb leadANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.0
-
Hi Thanks for that.
The card reader pugs directly into to usb on the laptop so there is no cable. As I said before the card reader works in my desktop pc but not on my laptop ??? Desktop os is xp and laptop os is windows 7 could this be the cause ???
Thanks in advance
:beer::beer::beer:0 -
Windows 7 is not a problem with my ageing USB devices, so yours should be OK.
After looking at a picture of integral card readers maybe the card reader is not inserting fully into your laptop and not making connection.
I had a similar problem with a cheap MP3 player where the bulk of the device was stopping it being plugged into the recessed USB port.
Most modern laptops have a built-in card reader, what type is your laptop?
Just my 2d worth, Dave0 -
Hi Dave thanks for the quick reply the laptop is a lenovo.
It has three usb sockets and they all work. I know this because my other peripherals all work.
Hope you can make sense of this reply.
Thanks0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards