We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Olympic clock technician required - anyone got a spanner?

Yesterday at 7pm the giant 21ft Olympic clock was unveiled in Trafalgar Square, just hours before the 6.6 million tickets went on sale...


It's stopped! Ha ha ha! :D :rotfl:


They couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery!

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,466 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Who are 'they' and what is the cause of the malfunction then?
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    It is an "OMEN."
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Omega = The end.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • redmandarin
    redmandarin Posts: 832 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2011 at 6:20PM
    Thanks for your replies.

    By "They" I was referring to the British Government - of any denomination - remember the Millenium celebrations with Labour? We were promised that the Thames would be ablaze with fire - 11 years on and still no sign of it, lol! Also I recall that the Millenium bridge had to be temporarily closed because it was unsafe! How Britain ever managed to amass an Empire remains a mystery! ;)

    The BBC announced that a team is being sent to fix the clock - that was over an hour ago, and they've not arrived yet! They also added that at first the clock stopped and then it started going the wrong way! This gets better! :D
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Life imitating art, BBC's new comedy 2012 was all about a countdown clock.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zhzqw/Twenty_Twelve_Episode_1/
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Last edited by redmandarin; Today at 5:20 PM. Reason: Typo!

    But not millennium then?
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I thought it was minnellium.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Esqui
    Esqui Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Oops, I must have pressed the snooze button on it
    Squirrel!
    If I tell you who I work for, I'm not allowed to help you. If I don't say, then I can help you with questions and fixing products. Regardless, there's still no secret EU law.
    Now 20% cooler
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Esqui wrote: »
    Oops, I must have pressed the snooze button on it

    You have too much hands on your time.;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.