We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
virgin media anti virus
meames_2
Posts: 747 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I had the virgin media anti virus on my laptop but changed to Norton but my subscription has now run out.
I tried to update my virgin media anti virus but it the home screen icon says denied. When I click on the info it say "Copy protection- You can only install Virgin media anti virus on 3 pcs so this installation has been disabled. You can unistall it from a PC..."
However, I know it will only be on 2 at the most. And the old laptop has gone to the great laptop shop in the sky so I caouldn't unistall it even if I wanted to.
I tried to ring virgin media and after 10 minutes of holding the line went dead, the second time I explained to the man, who told me it can only be on 3 pcs and seemed unable to understand that it was only ever installed on 2. Said he would speak to his supoervisor and put the phone down!
Any ideas what I can do?
THanks
I tried to update my virgin media anti virus but it the home screen icon says denied. When I click on the info it say "Copy protection- You can only install Virgin media anti virus on 3 pcs so this installation has been disabled. You can unistall it from a PC..."
However, I know it will only be on 2 at the most. And the old laptop has gone to the great laptop shop in the sky so I caouldn't unistall it even if I wanted to.
I tried to ring virgin media and after 10 minutes of holding the line went dead, the second time I explained to the man, who told me it can only be on 3 pcs and seemed unable to understand that it was only ever installed on 2. Said he would speak to his supoervisor and put the phone down!
Any ideas what I can do?
THanks
0
Comments
-
-
I had the virgin media anti virus on my laptop but changed to Norton but my subscription has now run out.
I tried to update my virgin media anti virus but it the home screen icon says denied. When I click on the info it say "Copy protection- You can only install Virgin media anti virus on 3 pcs so this installation has been disabled. You can unistall it from a PC..."
However, I know it will only be on 2 at the most. And the old laptop has gone to the great laptop shop in the sky so I caouldn't unistall it even if I wanted to.
I tried to ring virgin media and after 10 minutes of holding the line went dead, the second time I explained to the man, who told me it can only be on 3 pcs and seemed unable to understand that it was only ever installed on 2. Said he would speak to his supoervisor and put the phone down!
Any ideas what I can do?
THanks
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/bd-p/Internet_Security
usually get better answers on the support forum0 -
Make sure you use the Norton removal tool to get rid of all traces of the product.
I suggest the same regarding the VM AV.
Then proceed as advised above.That gum you like is coming back in style.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
