Newbie to Tarting and struggling to get enough credit limit

Options
Currently have £4,000 sitting at 0% on a Sky Card.
The 0% expires in early January 2007 so I've started looking for a new card to BT onto that do not charge a BT fee.
I have applied at Norwich and Peterboro (6 month 0%) and was immediately accepted but only got a £2,100 credit limit so I need another card.
Just applied at Stroud and Stanton (6 months 0%) they asked what credit limit I wanted so I will have to wait and see.

This seems a lot of hard work, am I going about this it the right way?
Cashback earned
Quidco : £858 :)
Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.

Comments

• tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    It is not really hard work when you think how much you are saving.

Make sure that the tandcs for the NPBS card say no balance transfer fee as they are in the process of introducing one.

Credit limits vary and sometimes you wont necessarily cover the debt on one card. Dont make too many applications or it will reduce the likelihood of getting another card andor the limit you get.
  • Bokken_2
    Bokken_2 Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you are going about it the right way .Consider next time applying for a card that has a longer 0% offer that way you won't be applying for cards every 5months.If you are paying BT fees for a card with 0% for six months you are effectivly missing out on a free 3months at 0% as you haven't applyied for a card with nine months at 0%.
    Of course it is better to apply for a card with no fees for BT as you want to try and keep all of your own money and not pay any in fees or interest.
    If you think it is hard work try and manage your cards online as you can do your banking when it suits you.
  • fossman
    fossman Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 2 cards I have applied for are both fee free on BT's. Once I've got my new cards should I then cancel the other 2 cards I have as soon as possible?
    Cashback earned
    Quidco : £858 :)
    Pigsback : £20 and a Beatles CD.
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Once your old cards have served their purpose, get rid of them.
  • tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    Also remember if this is physical debt and not something in the stoozpot you must have a plan in place of how you are going to repay the debt. 0% rate cards are not an extension to the bank balance and you cannot be guaranteed to continue to get them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure