We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Powerpoint, what am I doing wrong?

I have set up a slide show, where I am trying to make parts of one slide do one thing after another - it wont work and is just showing the whole slide all at once. I am sure that I must be doing something really simple wrong, but I just cant think what?

ANy ideas would be gratefully received as it is frustrating the hell out of me!

Comments

  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Have you created individual slides or one large slide?

    Also go to slideshow mode and see what the slide show set up is.
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,601 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    'parts' as in text, shapes, images etc?

    Right click on your object, Custom Animation, choose your effect
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have set up a slide show, where I am trying to make parts of one slide do one thing after another - it wont work and is just showing the whole slide all at once. I am sure that I must be doing something really simple wrong, but I just cant think what?

    ANy ideas would be gratefully received as it is frustrating the hell out of me!

    Do you have a list of bullet points on your slide that you want to appear one at a time each time you click? I spent ages yesterday trying to figure out how to do this and finally cracked it. This is for PP 2010, I think it's similar for 2007 but I can't be sure.

    With the slide on the screen click on the Animations tab. Highlight the part of the slide you want to display first then click on Appear - a small 1 in a box should then be displayed to left of the selected area. Highlight the next area to display, click Appear again, this time there will be a box with 2 in it. Repeat until the slide is finished. When you run the slide show it should do what you want.
  • Lifeisbutadream
    Lifeisbutadream Posts: 13,102 Forumite
    I have tried all those things now and it still doesnt work.

    I have set everything up as I have done previously - i.e. selected the part, animated is and then automated it.

    I just cant see what I have missed.. it is driving me mad - I need it for a presentation tomorrow
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,601 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have set everything up as I have done previously - i.e. selected the part,
    What type of 'part' is it - text, image, shape, ... and what type of animation effect are you trying to get it to do?
    animated is
    What menu commands did you use to do this?
    and then automated it.
    What do you mean by automated it? Put it into slideshow mode?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.