Any hints on how to do a Presentation sales pitch

Son has to do a presentation sales pitch as part of his selection interview but we are not sure where to start. Bascially he has to say why you think he should be employed, and to focus on skills and qualifications and personal achievements that will stand him in good stead for a career in the corps. It says not to recite his CV, his life history or his future army career plan. And its supposed to not not scripted - no idea what that means

Has anyone else had to do anything similar?
“Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”

Comments

• leoetal19
    leoetal19 Posts: 446 Forumite
    they want him to sell himself----by employing me you will get---i can offer you---they want him to catch their attention, keep them interested and at the end of his pitch be in no doubt as to why they should employ him
    just repeating what they have on paper is pointless-he needs to really think about what he has that they need---think of the advert on tv with the dog in the kennels-every home needs a harvey-he needs an interview version of that!!
    so , good morning ladies and gentleman my names Fred and the reasons you should employ me are.....
    im like a swiss army knify-compact, yet useful, and multi functioning..in my career so far i have proved i can ..... and ..... while..., i have learnt patience, tolerance and how to be resourceful, i remember one time when i ....i learnt....i am passionate about, can offer, keen to learn, not scared to try, resourceful---so his own eyecatching memorable advert for himself!!!
    even god cant change the past-no matter how many times i cry
    for levi, leo, smudge and arfa:A my angels
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family