Blance transfer for existing customer RBS

Options
Hi,

I thought I'd do a balance transfer between my existing cards as I've been declined a new one by HSBC. Called up RBS and they said there is no balance transfer deal for existing customers however on Martins chart http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1102103277,92385, it says they do 6.9-7.9% LOB. Does anyone know if this is correct and where he got this information from? Can't find it on the website but may be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• tom188
    tom188 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    Who do you want to transfer from?

If its another RBS group card (RBS, Natwest, Mint, Tesco + others) they wont do it.
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    I would hazard a guess that RBS know the RBS deals better than MSE does.

As tom188 points out, introductory offers are 99% of the time limited to transfers from cards outside of the banking group and not for switching accounts/ brands within a group
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • PRINCE$$
    Options
    Hi Tom
    It's from Morgan Stanley so thats not the problem, they didn't ask though, just said they have no special deal. Grrr.

Cheers
  • PRINCE$$
    Options
    Astaroth wrote:
    I would hazard a guess that RBS know the RBS deals better than MSE does.

As tom188 points out, introductory offers are 99% of the time limited to transfers from cards outside of the banking group and not for switching accounts/ brands within a group

Thanks, I'm sure they do :)
    I just wondered whether the info was out of date or if maybe they do still have it but don't want to give it to me. I guess it's probably discretionary anyway.
  • hobo123
    hobo123 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    hi is it to transfer amount from existing mbna card to existing rbs card? if this is the case they won't offer any reduced rates, if you currently have rbs card you can't get one with special rates they are only for new credit card customers I believe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure