We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Norton One-Click support

Been using Norton 360 for my anti-virus system etc. Never had a problem with it but at the weekend computer started to play up a bit. Anyway now I keep getting an error message update which claims to be from Norton. Message says an issue has been detected and then when I open Norton it says computer is not protected by SONAR advanced protection and when you click Fix nothing happens.
Anyone any ideas?

Comments

  • Esqui
    Esqui Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Open the main window, click settings at the top, then 'antivirus' and see what the SONAR setting is. My new install is showing SONAR as on, with advanced protection as 'automatic'
    Squirrel!
    If I tell you who I work for, I'm not allowed to help you. If I don't say, then I can help you with questions and fixing products. Regardless, there's still no secret EU law.
    Now 20% cooler
  • davidscot wrote: »
    Been using Norton 360 for my anti-virus system etc. Never had a problem with it but at the weekend computer started to play up a bit. Anyway now I keep getting an error message update which claims to be from Norton. Message says an issue has been detected and then when I open Norton it says computer is not protected by SONAR advanced protection and when you click Fix nothing happens.
    Anyone any ideas?

    Norton Fix
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2011 at 10:07AM
    Over the weekend I had a number of problems with Live update, they sorted themselves out in 12 hours though.
    Edit
    Sorry this was with NIS2011 not 360
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Esqui wrote: »
    Open the main window, click settings at the top, then 'antivirus' and see what the SONAR setting is. My new install is showing SONAR as on, with advanced protection as 'automatic'
    Yes same here, but all seems to working fine for now -fingers crossed :j
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thats a great help thanks, but as mentioned in other post all seems to working fine for now but will keep this fix in mind if I get any more problems.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.