We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

please help printer printing word document HUGE

Hello all please can anyone help me as they havve so kindly done before?

When I print a word document the text is huge and it only prints a few words on a page. On the screen the document I can see is fine.

Any ideas to help me please?

It is an HP PSC 2100 and I've had no trouble before it just started for no obvious reason.

I use firebox and Microsoft word 2007. think it is also windows vista.

Thanks anyway

Comments

  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    also says printer error when I look up the printer icon.
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Choose Print from the File menu, and in the dialog box that follows, try all the 'Options' or 'Advanced' settings and see if it's been switched to poster printing.

    Check that your page setup etc all specifies A4 paper and other appropriate settings.

    Don't just click the print icon on the toolbar.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    thanks will give it a try!
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If all else fails, use the install disc that came with the printer to re-install the printer driver and other software, thereby getting you back to original settings.
  • Had a similar problem with an Epson printer and found the scale was wrongly set.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Had a similar problem with an Epson printer and found the scale was wrongly set.

    hiya how do you change the scale please???

    very trying all this technology!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.