We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
'Invidia display panel extension'...?
Charlton_King
Posts: 2,071 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Recently switched off the PC for a week while on holiday.
Since coming back I've been getting a regular warning window during start-up - 'The INVIDIA display panel extension cannot be created. Possible reasons include version mismatch. Re-installation of display drivers may solve the problem."
I don't even know what 'invidia' is and still less its display panel extension! The PC seems to be fully functional although admittedly I never use it for games or film downloading.
Any thoughts?
Since coming back I've been getting a regular warning window during start-up - 'The INVIDIA display panel extension cannot be created. Possible reasons include version mismatch. Re-installation of display drivers may solve the problem."
I don't even know what 'invidia' is and still less its display panel extension! The PC seems to be fully functional although admittedly I never use it for games or film downloading.
Any thoughts?
0
Comments
-
It's nVidia, and the error message does indeed refer to a problem with the installation of your display drivers.
Go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your graphics card (latest version is 266.58).
Once you have them, go to Control panel, uninstall your current nVidia Display Driver, restart the PC, let Windows reinstall your graphics card, run the driver setup program of the drivers you just downloaded (select the checkbox for a clean install), restart your PC, job done!Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.0 -
Great... but if my PC is currently running, apparently, perfectly..?
What exactly does this thing actually DO? What do I lose by doing nothing?0 -
It will be running just fine.Charlton_King wrote: »Great... but if my PC is currently running, apparently, perfectly..?
It is the control panel for the graphics card which gives you full control over how it performsCharlton_King wrote: »What exactly does this thing actually DO?
You lose the ability to make changes to your graphics card setup other than the basic resolution change.Charlton_King wrote: »What do I lose by doing nothing?Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards