We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Jumpy Videos when streaming

Hello!

I have a Samsung netbook N220 and when I stream videos (iplayer for example) my videos are jumpy. It didn't used to be like this and my friend has the same netbook and doesn't have this problem.

Is there anything I can do to improve it?

Thanks in advance!
House saving Targets:
£17,700 / £20,000

Comments

  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    If its jumpy then it sounds more like a buffering problem which is usually down to your connection speed.

    Try viewing in low quality mode to see if its smoother.
  • spugzbunny
    spugzbunny Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2011 at 6:30PM
    No I don't think it's the buffering - the audio plays fine but the actual video is jumpy. I've let it stream and buffer until it is fully buffered and it still does it. I'll see if i can work out how to view in lower quality. Could it be that I use chrome? I assumed I had too many processes running.
    House saving Targets:
    £17,700 / £20,000
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,022 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Try reinstalling adobe flash to see if that helps if not try a different browser as it could just be Chrome
  • spugzbunny
    spugzbunny Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    I've justed tested the MB here and it's 4.4MBs. BUT at home we get 10plus and it still does it
    I'm running all updates so I'll see how that helps then try firefox - thanks!
    House saving Targets:
    £17,700 / £20,000
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.