We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
PSU dead?
Paradigm
Posts: 3,670 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Problem with one of my PC's.
It started making a screeching noise so my boy switched it off, now it's dead...absolutely nothing!
I've disconnected power from everything apart from the Mobo & still nothing...no fans (PSU, Graphics or CPU) but if I switch it off at the mains the CPU fan spins for a second???
I'm thinking PSU but could it be the CPU fan?
Any ideas greatfully received
It started making a screeching noise so my boy switched it off, now it's dead...absolutely nothing!
I've disconnected power from everything apart from the Mobo & still nothing...no fans (PSU, Graphics or CPU) but if I switch it off at the mains the CPU fan spins for a second???
I'm thinking PSU but could it be the CPU fan?
Any ideas greatfully received
Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!
0
Comments
-
Swap it with another..0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards