We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
probs with norton?
fadetogrey
Posts: 1,648 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi all I recently bought the latest version of norton antivirus and since installing it on my com I am getting a popup from norton saying "heavy CPU use by google chrome"and "heavy memory use by google chrome" as a com user with little inside knowledge what does it mean?and can I do anything to reduce the "heavy usage??"thanks.........
counting down the time I got left.:beer::beer:
0
Comments
-
You can turn off Norton's Indicator:
http://norton-antivirus-internet-security.blogspot.com/2010/04/hide-display-cpu-usage-indicator.html0 -
I get this on the netbook, poor thing only has a gig of memory and a slow processor, as above switch off the indicator.That gum you like is coming back in style.0
-
I get this on the netbook, poor thing only has a gig of memory and a slow processor, as above switch off the indicator.
Ironic and self defeating, this 'indicator' will surely be using valuable resources telling you that you are running out of resources. :cool:Move along, nothing to see.0 -
Don't use Google Chrome. Remove it.0
-
Uninstall Norton, bloated piece of crudpoppy100
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

