We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Buying a business printer

Dinah93
Dinah93 Posts: 11,466 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
I'm looking to buy a printer/scanner/photocopier for my business. It needs to have a high quality printer, and I just want to buy the stand alone device not a lease or maintenance contract or anything. Can anyone recommend where I should start looking? I've set aside up to £300 to spend.
Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
Met NIM 23/06/2008

Comments

  • A lot depends on what you are planning to use it for? Mainly text documents? Colour photos? Colour presentation? How many pages per month? Also bear in mind that the biggest cost associated with printer ownership is the ongoing consumables, not the purchase price. If you can provide some more info then that would help to get the most appropriate advice.
  • Hammyman
    Hammyman Posts: 9,913 Forumite
    £300? That'll be second hand then. I bought a mono-laser HP printer from an IT auction I go to. New RRP £650. Toner cartridges alone are £182 for the genuine ones.

    At the same auction was a Xerox unit. Did up to A3 copying, binding, stapling, duplex printing etc and fetched £45 even though it came with 12 toner cartridges. If I'd have had a vehicle big enough to carry it, I'd have bought it. The big standalone office jobs go for next to nothing in the second hand market.
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Have a look at the "PIXMA MP990"
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.