We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Why Can`t I View Foreign Blogs?

There were a few OS blogs I followed, but lately I have been getting this message below when trying to view them...please does anyone know why, or how I can stop this happening? I use Windows XP.

ETA eek, sorry it`s so big, if anyone can adjust it, thanks in advance! Also, meant to add it`s only blog from abroad that are being blocked.

5522878342_12a2e8404c_b.jpg
"Ignore the eejits...it saves your blood pressure and drives `em nuts!" :D

Comments

  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Are they all the problem sites hosted at Blogspot?
    Laters

    Sol

    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • Red_Doe
    Red_Doe Posts: 889 Forumite
    I think so, haven`t searched for any outwith Google blogs. I can see any from the UK no problem, though, it`s just any that are overseas, Australia, America, etc
    "Ignore the eejits...it saves your blood pressure and drives `em nuts!" :D
  • bat999
    bat999 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @ Red Doe
    Have you tried using a different browser?
    The down--to--earth blog opens OK for me with Firefox and Chromium.

    downtoearth.png
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
  • Red_Doe
    Red_Doe Posts: 889 Forumite
    Thanks bat, I`ll give it a try. :) Just didn`t know why, that`s all, I was opening them fine with IE8 until a few weeks ago.
    "Ignore the eejits...it saves your blood pressure and drives `em nuts!" :D
  • bat999
    bat999 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Decide whether it's IE8 that's causing the problem, then you can try to fix it.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
  • ehlo
    ehlo Posts: 397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Yep, thats an Internet explorer error that sometimes appear (I believe it is caused by an error with IE's javascript implementation).

    I'd recommend switching to another browser although you could also see if there are any available updates through windows update.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.