We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wireless Mouse
North-East_Quine
Posts: 959 Forumite
I bought a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set 700 version 2. The keyboard has installed okay, but the mouse seems to be missing a driver. The error message says:
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The driver installation file for the device is missing a necessary entry. This may because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later".
I'm running Windows Vista.
I've tried to uninstall the existing drivers and then rebooting so that my PC will find the new driver, without any success.
My husband bought the same set for his PC (which runs on Windows XP). His installed perfectly. Is there anyway I can copy the driver from his PC and move it to my own?
I've searched the internet for a solution but some of the answers are a bit too technical for me and advise me to go into BIOS to make changes.
I thought the wireless set would be simple Plug & Play. Can anyone suggest how I can get things working or should I just return the hardware to the shop I bought it from?
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The driver installation file for the device is missing a necessary entry. This may because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later".
I'm running Windows Vista.
I've tried to uninstall the existing drivers and then rebooting so that my PC will find the new driver, without any success.
My husband bought the same set for his PC (which runs on Windows XP). His installed perfectly. Is there anyway I can copy the driver from his PC and move it to my own?
I've searched the internet for a solution but some of the answers are a bit too technical for me and advise me to go into BIOS to make changes.
I thought the wireless set would be simple Plug & Play. Can anyone suggest how I can get things working or should I just return the hardware to the shop I bought it from?
0
Comments
-
Can anyone help?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards