We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

I need to upload a passport photo for uploading

I need to fill in an application form online which requires me to attach a passport photo which I have in my hands already taken from a photobooth, this needs to be the exact size to upload
Question is what is the best way, scanning maybe or .?.....
Any help is appreciated

Comments

  • birkee
    birkee Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    Scanner.
    You have to have some way to make it into a digital image, so is there any other sensible way?
    (Forget photographing it with a digital camera, you won't be able to control its size OR quality.)
  • dg1dd1ngs_2
    dg1dd1ngs_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    I agree with Birkee. Your best bet would be to go to a library and use their scanner :)
    R.I.P Dad. I will never forget you xxx
  • I do actually have a scanner, I did scan the photo but it's a little piece in the corner of the page, am I being silly here I ask myself lol
  • birkee
    birkee Posts: 1,933 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2011 at 6:18PM
    The image is the image. If you're sending it via email, then it won't be ON a page will it? It will be an attatchment.
    (Just in case, don't INSERT it into the email, ATTACH it to the email.)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.