We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Graphic Card Problem?

Iconic
Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
I have a Shuttle computer running Vista with a Connect3D Radeon X300 SE graphic card connected to a Sony KDL32V2500 TV.

It's worked ok for the last few years but now I am getting 'Unsupported Signal Adjust Your PC Output'

I hooked the Shuttle up to an ordinary monitor and was able to run in safe mode. It does not run in any other mode......the monitor switches off just after boot up but the Shuttle appears as though it's still booting.

I assume the problem is something to do with the Graphic Card but I don't know how to adjust it. I have the Sony PC Input Signal Reference Chart if needed!

Comments

  • KillerWatt
    KillerWatt Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    If the Shuttle is only starting up in safe mode, that's your problem.

    Get the Shuttle to start Windows properly, and your TV will be happy with the output.
    Remember kids, it's the volts that jolt and the mills that kill.
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    edited 12 March 2011 at 6:54PM
    The trouble is I cannot get the Shuttle to start Windows properly. It will only start in safe mode via a monitor....it doesn't show anything via my TV.
  • AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hit F8 before Windows starts loading to get the advanced startup menu and try "Enable VGA mode"
    If that works with the TV, go into the display settings control panel and bump the resolution up to what it should be. Use the Apply button rather than OK as this will reverse the change after 15 seconds if it makes the screen go blank again. If the correct setting does work, then press OK.
  • Iconic
    Iconic Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    edited 13 March 2011 at 9:31AM
    F8 only seems to give a command prompt when Windows starts loading in safe mode.

    However I have had a bit of success. I did a system restore in safe mode and I got the Shuttle to load normally using a monitor. I have installed the updates one by one and it still seems to OK when hooked up to the TV. Hopefully the problems gone!

    Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.