We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
PAYG Orange mobile - with internet access
HUFCsteve
Posts: 513 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I'm looking to buy a new PAYG phone on the Orange network. How much would I need to spend to get a half decent phone that allows me to (occasionally) use the internet (I'm currently on Dolphin which offers free 100MB internet usage each time I add £10 credit). Or perhaps I might need to go onto a contract?
Seen a San Francisco for approx £80 but don't understand what it can/can't do.
Grateful for any thoughts!
Seen a San Francisco for approx £80 but don't understand what it can/can't do.
Grateful for any thoughts!
0
Comments
-
The san fran's a brilliant phone & can do pretty much everything, except play flash files (but you can change the rom from 2.1 to 2.2)
http://android.modaco.com/category/453/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/ is a gr8 site for help on it.
I'd use up the £10 credit, then go to http://giffgaff.com/ which has free Internet until April 1st the very cheap prices.0 -
What does 100MB equate to in terms of usage?0
-
About a week of surfing & watching a couple of YouTube videos a day0
-
another vote for the san francisco, both me and the wife have one and they are excellant0
-
Go with Three. Orange are abysmal.0
-
Orange is pretty much the only network that works with us!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards