Refund of McAfee Auto-Renewal Subscription?

Options
2»

Comments

• waddler_8
    waddler_8 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    I've never experienced or seen any other documented case of Mcafee autoinstalling and removing a prior installed AV when installing Java - only the Macfee Security Scan as documented on the Java website.

The documentation suggests that even that isn't offered when a computer is part of an enterprise domain/network.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/mcafee.xml
    Note: If your system is a part of enterprise domain or if Java is installed through network installation you will not see Mcafee Security Scan Plus offering during Java installation.
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2012 at 8:13PM
    Options
    waddler_8 wrote: »
    I've never experienced or seen any other documented case of Mcafee autoinstalling and removing a prior installed AV when installing Java - only the Macfee Security Scan as documented on the Java website.

The documentation suggests that even that isn't offered when a computer is part of an enterprise domain/network.

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/mcafee.xml

If they have updated it then that is good, but I have still seen this happen and when I complained about it on a sysadmin forum I participate in, others had seen it too and there is no guarantee that some piece of freeware out there isn't still bundling the old version.

BTW the computer in question wasn't on the domain, it was a developer's test box, we don't let them on the domain.

These days I let Secunia PSI handle Java updates on my home machine, or just don't have Java installed at all. The version downloaded by Secunia is free of McCrappy.
  • Saver12345
    Options
    If you want to cancel the automated Mcafee antivirus software payment go to this link and call them, they will refund you. It is big job to find this link but when you are there you got them.

Mcafee Total Satisfaction Promise (can't post the link but just google it)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure