We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

DVD Hacks

Hi all,

I have a Sharp HT-CN400DV DVD player. Are there any known problems to the machine caused by making this region free?

Comments

  • sharkie
    sharkie Posts: 624 Forumite
    would try http://www.videohelp.com/ and look on the left hand side.

    if it does not work, google is your friend
  • Hi,
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I already know the hack code but I need to know if there's been any reports of damage to the player caused by doing this.
    Google hasn't been of any help.
    :)
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All we can do is google it

    Theres probably very few (if any) people on here with a sharp dvd player that theyve hacked
    :idea:
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,850
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If all that is done is to change the region code, so that you can now play a DVD which you couldn't previously, I cannot imagine any possible side effects to your action. Have you read of any problems occurring with any make of DVD player after region change?
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    John_Gray wrote: »
    Have you read of any problems occurring with any make of DVD player after region change?

    Ive heard of quite a few - but these were all googled and untested so they were at the risk of the owners

    Some legit region changes have prevented some legit dvds working from the users own country
    :idea:
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,850
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    So not necessarily as transparent as I had imagined!
  • aliEnRIK wrote: »

    Some legit region changes have prevented some legit dvds working from the users own country

    Yes, this is precisely what I'm worried about. However, I can't find any published reports so I'll just give it a go.
    Thanks people.:D
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.