We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best place to look for cheap tv??

Looking for a small (up to 19") tv with freeview for my parents, only want something really simple to make it easier for them rather than using a digibox.

I have seen an Alba one in Argos for £90, or a refurbished Matsui for £75 on Currys website.

Are these the cheapest I would be looking at, or are there any online stores that do any good deals?

Thanks for your help

Comments

  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 7,006
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Personally, I wouldn't consider "second rate" makes like Alba, Bush, Matsui, etc. For a little bit more you should be able to get a Sony, LG, Samsung, Philips or Pioneer for under £100.

    If you can get to a Richer Sounds, they have Samsungs that start at £99, though I appreciate that you're really after something online...
  • dg1dd1ngs_2
    dg1dd1ngs_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    This is a cracking deal. I have one in my kitchen and it is a great TV. :)
    R.I.P Dad. I will never forget you xxx
  • dg1dd1ngs wrote: »
    This is a cracking deal. I have one in my kitchen and it is a great TV. :)

    Thanks - just looked at this and it seems ideal, but out of stock in my area and for home delivery :(
  • dg1dd1ngs_2
    dg1dd1ngs_2 Posts: 127 Forumite
    Oh, I'm sorry! :)

    There are 5 in the Cwmbran store.... If you are ever in South Wales...... :D

    Edit: All gone now :(
    R.I.P Dad. I will never forget you xxx
  • dg1dd1ngs wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry! :)

    There are 5 in the Cwmbran store.... If you are ever in South Wales...... :D

    Edit: All gone now :(

    Never mind, thanks for looking anyway :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.