We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Problems with DVD on Dell Studio
glowgirl_2
Posts: 4,591 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi, I'm trying to play a dvd on my Dell studio using vista premium, the dvd either keeps ejecting itself or plays very slowly and with no sound (sound is fine on the laptop for other things), I've tried the dvd in my dvd player and its working but there is a pdf file at the end of the dvd that I need to print out so I need it to work on my laptop.
After hunting around for a solution I'm thinking my drivers are out of date but not being techie I don't know where is best to get updates:o.
Would someone please advice me on where is best to update drivers from or if they think I have another problem that could be causing the dvd to do this, thanks in advance:)
After hunting around for a solution I'm thinking my drivers are out of date but not being techie I don't know where is best to get updates:o.
Would someone please advice me on where is best to update drivers from or if they think I have another problem that could be causing the dvd to do this, thanks in advance:)
Thank you for this site Martin
The time for change has come
Good luck for the future
0
Comments
-
If you are saying there is a PDF file on the DVD.
You need to put the DVD in your laptop DVD drive, it then might try to run, however you say it won't run. So right click on your DVD drive icon and click on open and the file should show up, then perhaps it would be a good idea to copy it to your computer.0 -
Thank you, I've printed the pdf files now so thats one thing, I can get the dvd to play sometimes but not always and when it does play its jumpy/slow and no sound.Thank you for this site MartinThe time for change has comeGood luck for the future0
-
you get the drivers from the dell website use the service number on the base of the laptop so they can show you what the orginal order specs are. You can then see what the latest drivers are for everything and download and install them easilySurvey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £5740
-
Probably the PDF file is doing something to spoil things.
There are two folders on your DVD one named AUDIO_TS and one named VIDEO_TS, click on the file named VIDEO_TS and copy the files to your hard drive
You need another blank DVD disk and create two folders on it, name one AUDIO_TS and the other VIDEO_TS do this exactly as I done here, then copy the files you put onto your hard drive into VIDEO_TS on your blank DVD.
There are no files in the Audio_TS folder.
It problem could also be your DVD player don't like the DVD type you are using, or a problem when it was originally burnt.0 -
There are no drivers to update on DVD drives. There may be a firmware update on the Dell site for the drive to add compatibility for other brands of media.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards